Saturday 13 April 2013

Field Trip to the AGO!

Our class recently took a trip to the Art Gallery of Ontario, also known as the A.G.O. This was my second time visiting the gallery after my first visit last school year. Although that trip was more geography based (too look for various geographic landscapes). This time around our main goal was to look at the different paintings and observe the different styles.

We got the change to look at some famous artwork and look for inspiration for our own work. The pieces ranged from paintings to sculptures and much more. I really enjoyed seeing the real life paintings rather than in books or online because I could get a better, closer look. It's much different looking at the paintings up close and observing the different brush strokes and such.

 These are  pictures of two of the paintings that really stood out to me. I realized that they stood out to me for more than one reason. I realized that I really liked abstract pieces. Abstract pieces stand out to me because they are so simple, yet they can look very good. It amazed me how these pieces can be abstract while allowing everyone looking at it to see it differently in their own way. I also liked the different colours used in both paintings and how the colours look together as a whole. I really like how the first painting is very crisp and clean. The repeated colours look great.

I found out the many techniques of the different artists and how they painted. We also learned about the history behind some of the pieces and when they were being painted. it gave us a better understanding about why they were painted in a certain way.


Something else that really stood out to me which was not a painting were these bottles. I liked how each one was so different. I thought they were very cool!

We had a great time at the gallery once again and I sure wouldn't mind visiting it again. If you are interesting in seeing different types of art the A.G.O is the place to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment