Thursday 3 November 2011

My Chess Piece- The King


  This is one of the assignments we got in CyberARTS. My drawing is of the king chess piece. Our goal in this assignment was to draw the chess pieces as realistic as possible. Also we had to focus on value, proportion, and shadows. The background had to have pattern and movement.

  I started off by drawing my chess piece. It is not completely in the center of the paper, but closer to the bottom and slightly to the left of the page. The king was at eye level. First I drew the king without shading and then got into detail. After drawing it, I used a light shining from left to right. The lights made it easier to shade it in showing value. The pencils I used where HB, 2B for lighter to 6B for darker parts. 

  The pattern I used for the background where 3 metal bar looking objects going diagonal across the page. This moves your eyes to follow the shapes. I used similar shading/value as I did for the middle of the chess piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment