Saturday 21 January 2012

Obliterate it all


The word I chose is Obliterate. The definition of obliterate is to remove from existence and/or destroy.

The original intent for my still image was to Show a repetitive picture of a girl. The girl was supposed to be very dark and gradually fade away nothing.  The original concept for my video was to make it really sad. I wanted to show more of the emotions relating to the word obliterate than objects actually being destroyed. A few ideas I had in mind where to add in the girls tears. I did not end up shooting this clip for my video. Also I was planning to put sound/music playing in the background throughout the entire video.

The image I used for my still is a shot from one of the clips in my video. It is a girl sitting alone. I repeated the photo again on its right but this time I faded it away. There is a picture of a flame over the two pictures, but mainly on the picture which is faded.

The still expresses my word because the girl was being “destroyed” as she faded. I put more of the flame on the faded side of the image because on that half she is actually wearing away.

In the video I chose to use clips of a girl. The girl is in the room, yet she is not there. It is like she is removed from existence through others eyes. There are clips of her all alone and then her with people but left out. It seems like she’s in the room with people, yet she is all alone. She is being destroyed emotionally. I sequenced them in this particular order because it shows her being invisible mildly and then something big happens destroying everything. Then gain this repeats. I chose not to use music throughout the entire thing because this way the small sounds build up and the big sounds surprisingly come up. There were not many affects or transitions used. I used a flashing affect in the beginning to create suspense.

The process for this video to be made took pretty long. It took longer to get the ideas and clips than it did putting my video together. Once I had all my ideas, it was not as big of a challenge making the video.

I think I did quite well on this project because I believe the message/word I was trying to show came through. In order to shoot these clips, I had to use a Nikon D3100 which I did not know how to use before. I learned how to I enjoyed doing this project although it took a lot more time than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment